Last updated: January 27, 2022
Lanesplitter Garage is committed to treating the personal information it collects and uses in line with the principles defined in the Privacy Act 1988.(Privacy act)
Who is the Data Controller and how to contact
Our contact details
Name: Lanesplitter Garage
Address-mail: PO Box 394, Paddington QLD 4064 Australia
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Lanesplitter Garage.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Australia
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Platform.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Buildboard, accessible from https://www.buildboard.app
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
2. What Categories of Personal Data we collect about you
We collect and use the following categories of personal data about you, either directly from you or via third parties or other means:
- Basic personal data:
Your name & surname, email address, description, country, state, city, profile photo that identifies you.
- Personal data related to your device:
IP Addresses, your geographic location, your operating system, your browser, your browser language, data identifying your device.
- Analytics data related to your access to and use of our website:
Data concerning your browsing activities across our website such as creating builds and any information related to the build.
You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking your actions when you receive an email from us.
3. How we collect personal data
- Personal data you voluntarily provide to us
When you create an account
When you fill out a form
When you communicate with other members or communicate with us,
When you submit feedback or fill out a survey.
Personal Data we collect automatically when you use and interact with our Website
When you use and interact with our Website, we automatically collect certain personal data from you via means such as third party analytics tools, including Google analytics.
Tools we use include, but not limited to: cookies, web beacons, social media plugins such as facebook ‘Like’ and ‘Share’ button, Twitter ‘Share’ button and Pinterest ‘Pin’ button.
For instance, Google Analytics enables us to automatically collect data about your device, your operating system, your device ID and your interaction with our Website.
Personal Data we collect from Third-Party Social Media Services
4. Embedded Content
Content on this Website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave. San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behaviour directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
We embed Youtube videos on our Website in the privacy-enhanced mode.
We do not track your viewing behaviour or personalize the video recommendations.
For more information about the privacy-enhanced mode and embedded Youtube videos, please visit the following pages:
Our website uses features provided by the Vimeo video portal. This service is provided by Vimeo Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a Vimeo plugin, a connection to the Vimeo servers is established. Here the Vimeo server is informed about which of our pages you have visited. In addition, Vimeo will receive your IP address. This also applies you are not logged in to Vimeo when you visit our plugin or do not have a Vimeo account. The information is transmitted to a Vimeo server in the US, where it is stored.
If you are logged in to your Vimeo account, Vimeo allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your Vimeo account.
Google Web Fonts
For uniform representation of fonts and icons, this Website uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
Other tracking technologies
5. Legal Grounds we rely on to collect and use your Personal Data
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal data under the UK GDPR and EU GDPR.
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time.
When you want to withdraw your consent to cookies and tracking technologies, you can do this by clicking on the consent banner and updating your preferences.
- Legal Obligation: When we are under a legal obligation to process your personal data such as disclosing your personal data to law enforcement.
- Legitimate Interests: Where your rights and freedoms do not overweigh our legitimate business interests in processing your personal data, we rely on legitimate interests to process your data
6. How we Use Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
To provide You with newsletters, marketing, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct
a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
Improving our products and services: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and Your experience.
Monitoring activity on the Site: We may use Your information to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with our terms and agreement.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
With Service Providers and subcontractors: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, in particular: website hosting providers which are located in US; technical and customer support services which are located in Australia and the US; payment processing services which are located in the US. Noting that these Service Providers and subcontractors may also transfer and access such information from other countries in which they have operations.
For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile. If you allow your contact information to be displayed on your listing, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
With professional advisors: We may disclose Your personal information with professional advisors (accountants, lawyers, financial advisors etc.) which are located in Australia.
With Our payment gateway provider: We may share Your information with our payment gateway provider when necessary to resolve any payment disputes that may occur.
7. Retention of Your Personal Data
Where we store your personal data:We store Your Personal Data on secure servers based in Australia and the US.
We will retain and use Your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
How we dispose of your Personal Data: We may use any of the following methods to erase personal data:
- Overwriting data
8. Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
9. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO ENTITIES OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA
To maintain our business operations, we rely on cloud-based servers and other information technology services such as data storage and email services provided by third parties.
We and our third-party service providers may store your personal data in third countries outside of Australia, including in the United States of America.
When your personal data is transferred across borders, we take all appropriate measures to protect your data against unauthorized disclosure, use and destruction of your data.
By accessing our Website and using our Services, you consent to your personal data being transferred to third countries and being disclosed to foreign entities.
10. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
● Following the law and protecting Lanesplitter Garage: We may access and disclose Your information and contents of messages to government entities and other authorised third parties to comply with laws, detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security and safety incidents and other harmful activities
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
11. Security of Your Personal Data
We take all commercially reasonable measures to make sure that your personal data is safe against unauthorized access, use and destruction.
What security measures do we implement?
To minimize risks to your personal data, we only collect data that is reasonably necessary to achieve specific purposes.
When you access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is transmitted to us to protect it from unauthorized use.
We take all necessary contractual- organizational and technical measures to ensure that third parties that access your personal data implement necessary security measures to protect your data.
12. Data Subject Rights
You can exercise the following rights:
- Right of Access: You may request to see and obtain copies of the personal data we have about you and whether we process your data;
- Right to Rectification: You may request that we correct any inaccuracies in the personal data that we have about you;
- Right to Erasure of your Data: Subject to some conditions, you may (unless other grounds set forth in the law applies) choose to exercise your right to be forgotten;
- Right to be Informed: You have the right to be informed about what personal data we collect from you, how we store, use and erase it.
- Right to Restriction: You may request to restrict the processing of your data on the grounds that there is some disagreement about its accuracy or objections against its legitimate usage – i.e. requesting that we do not process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We can do this by keeping a single record of your data on a suppression list;
- Right to Object: You may raise objections to our processing of your personal data if we are relying on legitimate interest as the lawful ground for data processing; and
- Right to Data Portability: If applicable, you may ask for your personal data to be transferred to another organization.
13. HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
If you wish to exercise your legal rights under the applicable laws, you should resort to one of the following ways:
- Application by post:
- Application via email:
When you make a request to exercise your legal rights, you should include the following information alongside your request:
- Provide us with your name & surname and username to help us identify you
- Describe your request in detail.
- Provide us with your contact details
Be noted that we will email you to verify the authenticity of your request to exercise your rights.
We reserve the right to ask for any additional information to verify your identity before satisfying your request.
We aim to respond to your request to exercise your legal rights within the time periods set by relevant applicable laws.
14. YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A COMPLAINT
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at:
Your contact details here
If you reside in Australia, you can file a complaint with:
You can send your complaint to us either by:
- email, send it to email@example.com (be aware that email isn’t encrypted, if you’re concerned about this use our online form which is secure)
- mail, send it to GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001 (send it by registered mail if you’re concerned about sending it by standard post)
- fax, send it to 02 9284 9666
For EU & UK users:
If you are located in the EU or the UK, you can file a complaint with the Data protection Authority that you are subject to.
For example, if you are in the UK, you can contact the ICO via following ways:
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
For country specific complaint processes, please check the websites of the competent Data Protection Authorities.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18.
16. How you can access Your Personal Data
You can access Your Personal Data by logging into our Service and selecting My Account.
You also have the right to request all of Your Personal Data that we store or cancel your account at any time. To make a request simply Contact Us or email firstname.lastname@example.org
However there are some limitations to these rights in certain situations such as:
If there is a legal requirement to process Your Personal Data, we may be required to hold onto Your Personal Data even though you have requested that Your Personal Data be removed.
19. Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.